Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets ofPersonal Data.
User – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Little Barn Industries, LLC, a Colorado Limited Liability Company, and the owner of Beatrice App.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
Processing is and will at all times be lawful, fair, and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing your Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is done with the least required data. We only gather and Process the minimum amount of Personal Data required for any purpose for which personal data is processed.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
The Type of Information We Gather and How We Use It
Once you have purchased a product or products from Beatrice through Shopify, we will request you to complete a survey where you provide your:
- Body measurements (bust, waist, and hip)
- Dress size
- Preferred name for customized engraving on dress form name plate.
You will also send to us, via the App:
- One or more videos of your body, clothed; and
- Your waist measurement.
You may also sign up for our newsletter and we need your email address for this purpose.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your personal information to provide our service and products to you.
We specifically use the information, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- Your registration and purchase information is used to process the purchase of our service and products.
- Your video(s) are used to create a 3D digital model. This model is used to make your custom dress form.
- Your waist measurement is used to scale the 3D digital model.
- You will receive a unique code in your body scan kit to enter into the App when you upload your videos. The code identifies which scan belongs to each customer. The code system also prevents people who are not customers from uploading videos to our server.
- We use your body measurements and dress size to select the most closely fitting body scan clothing. This improves the accuracy of the body scan.
- In some cases, we also use your reported measurements as a secondary validation that your body form is scaled properly.
- We use your preferred name for customized engraving on the model.
- We use your email address to deliver occasional updates about our products, educational material, and other news about our company.
We may also Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill an obligation arising from law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
We might Process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests, and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. If we share personal information with others, we subject them to strict contractual and legal controls regarding the protection, use, and disclosure of the information. If we share anonymous or de-identified data with third parties, we will contractually require them to keep it in de-identified form and forbid them to make any attempt to re-identify the data or allow others to do so.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. There is always some risk that unauthorized, wrongful, or illegal access to your information, however, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have the responsibility to keep your username and password secret.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our App. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
In addition, our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, including the following features:
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting - which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience when visiting our sites.
Consent Regarding Communications Between Us
For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive all communications from us, including any possible newsletters or messages about security incidents, in electronic form via your account in the App or via the email address you submit when you register, and (b) agree that all terms, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in writing. Emails we send to you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of the subscription. Simply follow the instructions in the email.
Individual Choice and Access
You have choices in the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data:
- If you do not want us to have your information, do not register with our App.
- If you want to review and correct your Personal Data, please contact us and we would be glad to assist you (see Contact Information, below).
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to provide our services and products to you, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you would like us to stop using and/or erase your personal information, please get in touch with us.
When a child younger than 16 years wishes to use the Beatrice App to purchase a product, we require the child’s parent or legal guardian to consent to the purchase and to process the information that we collect. Children 16 years and older may use the Beatrice App without parental consent.
Contact Us/Opt Out
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about privacy, about how any information you send us may be used, if you are an EU citizen seeking erasure or access to your Personal Data, or if you want to opt out of receiving communications from us:
Little Barn Industries
Email us at email@example.com or write us at 3454 Plateau Rd, Longmont, CO 80503
EU citizens have the right to contact the Supervisory Authority should you have concerns, question, or need help enforcing your legal rights.
Phone: +353 57 868 4800
Applicable to EU citizens only
The User has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is being gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes the right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict Processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to Processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.